By using ‘The National Curriculum in England’ it is our aim to develop:
- as positive attitude towards mathematics.
- competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills.
- an ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- an ability to work both independently and in co-operation with others.
- an ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life an understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment.
Breadth of Study
Through careful planning and preparation, we aim to ensure that throughout the school children are given opportunities for:
- practical activities and mathematical games.
- problem solving.
- individual, group and whole class discussions and activities
- open and closed tasks and investigations.
- a range of methods of calculating e.g. mental, using jottings, efficient written methods.
- working with computers as a mathematical tool